A special advisory to all passengers travelling via KUL during the festive season
SEPANG – We would like to issue a special travel advisory for all passengers travelling through both terminals at KL International Airport (IATA Code: KUL) during the upcoming Chinese New Year festive celebration. The festive peak travel period is expected to start from now till 2 February 2020, and our forecast shows an increase of 10% in passenger traffic movements at KUL compared from the same period last year. KLIA Main Terminal and klia2 are expected to handle 1.3 million and 1.8 million passenger movements respectively during this period.
Acting group chief executive officer of Malaysia Airports, Dato’ Mohd Shukrie Mohd Salleh said, “It is important that we work closely with the relevant authorities to cater to the forecasted surge. Apart from placing more resources on the ground during this period, we will also be reinforcing many measures such as managing the increase in traffic flow at the kerbside for drop-offs and pick-ups. Drivers are reminded to adhere to the 2-minute time limit to ensure constant smooth traffic flow at the kerbside. Please also do not park illegally along the main roads as it will endanger other motorists.”
Among the new facilities that will help facilitate a more seamless experience for passengers include the newly reconfigured immigration arrival hall at klia2 that can now cater to approximately 1,000 passengers comfortably at any one time, which is double of its previous capacity. Apart from that, we have recently opened Car Park E, a new open-air outdoor parking area which is located opposite the terminal, right next to Sama-Sama Hotel. The parking area has 500 bays and special designated lots for drivers with disabilities. Users can easily access the terminal from the car park via the link bridge at Sama-Sama Hotel.
For those who are going to park on a long term basis, we recommend the Long-Term Carpark (LTCP), that can fit 5,000 cars and boasts of a new air-conditioned waiting lounge that comes complete with a surau and toilets for the convenience of users. To get to the terminal, passengers can just hop on to the daily free shuttle bus that runs 24/7. The LTCP also offers 30- minute free parking for drivers who need to wait to pick their passengers up.
Here are additional vital travel tips from us to you:
1) Please arrive at least three hours before your flight departure time.
2) Do utilise public transport as much as possible in getting to the airport. It only takes less than 30 minutes by ERL.
3) Please bemindful of traffic rules within the airport area. We have ample parking spaces at both terminals as well as a safe and convenient waiting area and 30-minute free parking facilities at the LTCP at both terminals as well as a safe and convenient waiting area and 30-minute free parking facilities at the LTCP.
4) For e-hailing users and drivers, please head to the following pick-up points. Passengers are to contact the driver only when they have reached the pick-up point to allow for the driver to arrive just in time without having to wait further.
a. KLIA Main Terminal – Level 1
b. klia2 – Transportation Hub, gateway@klia2
5) Do utilise the automated processes that are available whenever possible such as web check-in, self-check-in kiosks, self-baggage-drop counters, and immigration autogates.
6) If you are passing through KLIA Main, we encourage you to take advantage of the shuttle service instead of the Aerotrains as not only will it be a less crowded alternative, There are 16 buses running continuously 24/7 between the contact pier and satellite building.
7) Keep a lookout for the signage on nearest available washrooms in the event that the one you visited is fully occupied or is undergoing cleaning. There are a total of 238 toilets and 55 surau at both terminals the convenience of passengers.
8) Should you require any assistance at the airport, please approach our CARE Ambassadors who can be easily recognised by their shoulder sash that says ‘Ask Me’.
On a final note, Malaysia Airports wishes everyone Gong Xi Fa Cai and have a happy journey!