Malaysia Airports Distributes RM125,000 Of Zakat To 12 Adopted Schools
16 August 2012
Sepang, 16 August 2012 - In fulfilling its duty as a caring and responsible organization, Malaysia Airports in collaboration with Lembaga Zakat Selangor has distributed part of the company's tithe or 'zakat' amounted to RM125,600 to 12 of its adopted schools around Malaysia.
The 12 adopted schools are from Malaysia Airports' Beyond Borders programme, a Corporate Responsibility (CR) programme by Malaysia Airports that aims to give sustainable impact to the overall school community and implemented based on a comprehensive framework. The 12 schools are:-
· SK Mengabang Telipot , Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu
· SK Parang Puting, Kota Bharu, Kelantan
· SK Batu Tiga, Kuantan, Pahang
· SK Titi Gajah, Alor Setar, Kedah
· SK Sungai Batu, Teluk Kumbar, Pulau Pinang
· SK Sungai Raya, Ipoh, Perak
· SK Olak Lempit, Banting, Selangor
· SK Labu Ulu Batu 8, Seremban, Negeri Sembilan
· SK Seri Cheras, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
· SK Semabok, Semabok, Melaka
· SK Temenggong Datuk Muip, Miri, Sarawak
· SK Wakuba, Tawau, Sabah
A total of 628 students from these 12 adopted schools were identified as underprivileged under Asnaf categories as their parents' earnings were less than RM1000 monthly. Each of the student received RM200. The zakat was distributed in stages, from June to August 2012 by the respective Malaysia Airports' Airport Managers in the respective states.
The zakat contribution distributed by Malaysia Airports was under the Business Zakat category, an obligatory contribution from company's treasury as a result of the earnings derived from trading.
Nik Anis Nik Zakaria, General Manager of Corporate Communications Malaysia Airports said, "The distribution of zakat to all our adopted schools was also part of Malaysia Airports' effort to share our earnings through the rightful path by helping and easing the burden of the underprivileged. Since Hari Raya Aidilfitri is just around the corner, we hope the contribution will make their celebration more meaningful."