The Malaysia Civil Defence (JPA) has several functions to help establish and maintain order in times of crisis:
1. Establishing, managing and maintaining the Civil Defence Force.
2. Developing and implementing training programs for Disaster Management and Emergency to the public.
3. Implementing disaster and emergency assistance services.
4. Preparing, managing and maintaining the Transfer Centers and Disaster Warning System and Security.
5. Planning and performing rescue activities and property before, during and after disasters.