This Privacy Notice sets out how Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad ("MAHB") and its wholly owned subsidiaries (excluding Malaysia Airports Sdn. Bhd., Malaysia Airports (Sepang) Sdn. Bhd., including Sama-Sama KL International Airport Hotel,Malaysia Airports (Niaga) Sdn Bhd and Eraman (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.), will handle personal information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA") and the laws of Malaysia.
1. What This Privacy Notice Explains
This Privacy Notice explains:
- What kind of personal information we collect
- How we collect your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- When we disclose your personal information
- Access to your personal information
- Correcting your personal information
- Online dealings with MAHB and/or its subsidiaries
Please note that this Privacy Notice does not cover personal information collected or held by us about our employees and is to be read subject to any overriding provision of law.
2. Our Commitment To You
We at MAHB and our subsidiaries, value the trust of our customers, airport users and of the public. We are committed to protecting your personal information and ensuring that your personal information is used only for the purposes stated herein and/or as otherwise provided for in law.
3. Defining Personal Information
Personal information refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, personal information encompasses sensitive personal information which relates to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs, etc.
4. What Kind Of Personal Information We Collect
In order for MAHB and our subsidiaries to operate in an efficient and effective manner and provide you with the best service possible, we may collect personal information from you which may include but is not limited to contact information about you such as your name, address(es), telephone number(s), email address(es) and other contact information, profession, date of birth, country of residence and gender, information captured on security systems, including a recording of your image on Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and a recording of your voice from calls to certain airport operations or security telephone lines.
5. How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
MAHB and/or its subsidiaries may collect personal information from you in one or more of the following methods:-
- use of any of our services and/or products
- fill in forms (for example, visitor registration forms, safety pass application forms)
- make an enquiry with us (in person with one of our staff, over the phone, via email or through our websites)
- participate in any of our surveys
- enter into any competitions run by us
- respond to any marketing materials we send out
- subscribe to one of our publications (for example, newsletters)
- make an application and/or register with any of our subsidiaries
- commence a business relationship with us (for example, as a service provider or as a tenant)
- visit any of our offices or lands
- lodge a complaint with us
- provide feedback to us (for example via our websites or in hard copy)
- apply for permission or security clearance to enter restricted areas within MAHB and/or its subsidiaries
Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as laid out above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with (e.g. law enforcement and other government agencies) or are connected with you (airlines, travel agencies, insurers) and from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted. We also use Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) to record footage at our premises.
6. How We Use Your Personal Information
MAHB and/or its subsidiaries may collect personal information from you or from the category of third parties identified above which is to be utilised for one or more of the following purposes:-
- to properly identify you
- to assess your application(s) /request(s) for our services and/or products
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested
- to engage in business transactions
- to establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you
- to process any communications you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedbacks)
- to improve our services and products and to develop new services and products
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our services and/or products
- to determine how can we improves services to our customers
- to produce data, reports and statistics which shall be anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual
- to manage terminal and airside operations including general security, safety, traffic flow and risk management
- to record any incidents involving you which occurs in MAHBs and/or its subsidiaries' land
- to maintain records required for security, aviation, claims or other legal purposes
- to investigate, respond to a defend claims made against, or involving MAHB and/or its subsidiaries
- to conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
CCTV footage, in particular, may also be used for the following purposes:
- for quality assurance purposes
- to assist in the prevention and detection of acts of unlawful interference against aviation
- detecting and deterring suspicious, inappropriate or unauthorised use of our facilities
- detecting and deterring criminal behavior
- conducting incident investigations
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our services and/or products and the management and/or operation of the same, MAHB and/or its subsidiaries may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- law enforcement agencies
- government agencies
- MAHBs and/or its subsidiaries' tenants and licensees (for example, airlines, retail outlets at airport terminals, transport operators and other companies operating on MAHB and/or its subsidiaries land)
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested
- our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting your personal information
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to MAHB and/or its subsidiaries.
8. Direct Marketing
MAHB and/or its subsidiaries may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party services and/or products, which may be of interest to or benefit you, except where otherwise requested by you.
In certain instances, we may disclose your personal information to our preferred merchants and strategic partners. However, please note that we will only disclose your personal information to our merchants and strategic partners where your prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to MAHB and its subsidiaries.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that our agreements with our merchants and/or strategic partners include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at the address detailed at the end of this Privacy Notice. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
9. What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete?
Where indicated (for example in application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our services and/or products. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services or products.
10. Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Information
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your personal information in MAHB and/or its subsidiaries possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us via our Data Access Request Form or Data Correction Request Form respectively. These forms are available at our offices as well as at www.malaysiaairports.com.my.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your duly completed Data Access Request Form/Data Correction Request Form and the relevant processing fee (if any).
Please note that MAHB and/or its subsidiaries may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
11. Online Dealings With MAHB And/Or Its Subsidiaries
MAHB and its subsidiaries collect information about your use of our website from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of the website as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website.
Links To Third Party Websites
Please be informed that this Privacy Notice applies solely to our website and/or MAHB subsidiary websites and does not apply to any third party websites you may access from our websites. To determine how they deal with your Personal Information, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies.
12. Updates To Our Privacy Notice
MAHB and its subsidiaries may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check our website on an ongoing basis for information on our most up-to-date practices.
13. Our Contact Details
Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, kindly contact us during office hours (between 8.30am to 5.30pm - Monday to Friday) at the following contact points:
Designation: Manager Care
Fax No: 03-87777210
Address: Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad
Malaysia Airports Corporate Office,
Persiaran Korporat KLIA,
64000 Sepang Selangor.
A current version of this Privacy Notice is available on our website at: www.malaysiaairports.com.my.