This Privacy Notice sets out how Malaysia Airports (Sepang) Sdn Bhd and Malaysia Airports Sdn Bhd (collectively referred to as "Malaysia Airports") will handle personal information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA") and the laws of Malaysia.
1. What This Privacy Notice Explains
This Privacy Notice explains: -
- What kind of personal information we collect
- How we collect your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- When we disclose your personal information
- Access to and correction of your personal information
- Online dealings with Malaysia Airports
2. Our Commitment To You
Malaysia Airports values the trust of our customers, airport users and the public. We are committed to protecting your personal information and ensuring that your personal information is used only for the purposes stated herein.
3. Defining Personal Information
Personal information refers to any information, which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, personal information encompasses sensitive personal information, which relates to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs, etc.
4. What Kind Of Personal Information We Collect
In order for Malaysia Airports to operate in an efficient and effective manner and provide you with the best service possible, we may collect personal information from you which may include but is not limited to contact information about you and/or other persons that you are making a booking for or travelling with ("Travel Companion(s)"). The personal information collected may include your and/or your Travel Companion(s) name, address(es), telephone number(s), email address(es) and other relevant contact information, passport information, date of birth, demographic information such as age and gender, country of citizenship, flight details, travel information, information necessary to facilitate travel or other services such as emergency contacts, seating preferences and special dietary or medical needs, transaction information such as credit card details, information for marketing purposes such as language preference and communication preferences, information captured on security systems, including a recording of your image on Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and a recording of your voice from calls to certain airport operations or security telephone lines.
Where you provide us with the personal information of your Travel Companion, you confirm that you have obtained the prior consent of your Travel Companion(s) to provide us with their personal information and to view or change their information.
5. How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
Malaysia Airports may collect personal information from you in one or more of the following methods: -
- use any of our services or products
- fill in forms (for example, visitor registration forms, safety pass application forms) or coupons (either online or in hard copy)
- make an enquiry with us (either in person with one of our staff, over the phone, via email or through our websites)
- participate in any of our surveys
- enter into any competitions run by us
- respond to any marketing materials we send out
- subscribe to one of our publications (for example, newsletters)
- commence a business relationship with us (for example, as a service provider or as a tenant)
- lodge a complaint with us
- visit any of our airports or offices
- visit our websites
- provide feedback to us (either via our websites or in hard copy)
- apply for permission or security clearance to enter restricted areas within Malaysia Airports
Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as laid out above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with or connected with you, for example from airlines, travel agencies and from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted. We also use Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) to record footage at our premises.
6. How We Use Your Personal Information
Malaysia Airports may collect personal information from you or from the category of third parties identified above which is to be utilised for one or more of the following purposes:-
- to properly identify you
- to assess your application(s) /request(s) for our services and/or products
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested
- to better manage any business relationship we may have with you
- to process any communications you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedbacks)
- to improve our services and/or products and to develop new services and/or products
- to provide you with information on our other service(s), product(s) and offer(s) which may be of interest to you
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our services and product(s)
- to determine how can we improve services to our customers;
- to produce data, reports and statistics which have been anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual
- to manage terminal and airside operations including general security, safety, traffic flow and risk management
- to record any incidents involving you which occurs on Malaysia Airports' property
- to maintain records required for security, aviation, claims or other legal purposes
- to investigate, respond to a defend claims made against, or involving Malaysia Airports and/or its subsidiaries
- to conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
CCTV footage, in particular, may also be used for the following purposes:
- operational reasons such as traffic flow and access
- for quality assurance purposes
- to assist in the prevention and detection of acts of unlawful interference against aviation
- monitoring the safety and security of airport users and workers
- detecting and deterring suspicious, inappropriate or unauthorised use of our facilities
- detecting and deterring criminal behavior
- conducting incident investigations
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our services and products and the management and/or operation of the same, Malaysia Airports may be required or need to disclose information about you to Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad as well as the following third parties:
- Malaysia Airports' tenants and licensees (for example, airlines, retail outlets at airport terminals, transport operators and other companies operating on Malaysia Airports' property)
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors , service providers and/or professional advisers
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested
- our business associates and other parties for purposes that are directly related to the purpose of collecting your personal information
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to Malaysia Airports.
8. Direct Marketing
Malaysia Airports may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party services and/or products, which may be of interest or benefit you, except where otherwise requested by you.
In certain instances, we may disclose your relevant personal information to our preferred merchants and strategic partners where your prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to Malaysia Airports.
We take reasonable steps to make sure that our agreements with service providers include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at the address detailed at the end of this Privacy Notice. We will abide by your latest written instructions to us.
9. What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete?
Where indicated (for example in application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our services and/or products. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services or products.
10. Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Information
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your personal information in Malaysia Airports' possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us via our Data Access Request Form or Data Correction Request Form respectively. These forms are available at our offices as well as at [ ].
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your duly completed Data Access Request Form/Data Correction Request Form and the relevant processing fee (if any).
Please note that Malaysia Airports may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
11. Online Dealings With Malaysia Airports
Malaysia Airports collects information about your use of our website from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of the website as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website.
Links To Third Party Websites
Please be informed that this Privacy Notice applies solely to our website(s) and does not apply to any third party websites you may access from our website(s). To determine how these third party websites (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) deal with your Personal Information, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies/notices.
12. Updates To Our Privacy Notice
Malaysia Airports may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check our website on an ongoing basis for information on our most up-to-date practices.
13. Our Contact Details
Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, kindly contact us during office hours (between 8.30am to 5.30pm - Monday to Friday) at the following contact points:
Designation: Manager Care
Fax No: 03-87777210
Address: Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad
Malaysia Airports Corporate Office,
Persiaran Korporat KLIA,
64000 KLIA Selangor.
A current version of this Privacy Notice is available on our website at: www.malaysiaairports.com.my