1. KLIA was voted best emerging airport in Asia in the category for handling less than 500,000 tonnes of cargo annually at the Asian Freight & Chain Supply Awards 2003 (AFSCAs).
2. KLIA was among top five airports in the world in terms of overall passenger satisfaction in a survey by International Air Transport Association (IATA) Global Airport Monitor. Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong and Copenhagen Airport were ranked top four followed by KLIA.
3. KLIA was among the top ten airports in the 2003 Airport of the Year survey organised by Skytrax Research, a British based air travel industry research company.
4. KLIA was runner up for Best Airport in the world (15-25 mppa) and Asia Pacific region (less than 25mppa) categories in the Airport World Global Service Excellence Award.
5. KLIA was second for the Best Airport Category in the Conde Nast Readers' Travel Award 2003. KLIA was also the best in the Cleanliness and design / layout categories.
6. KLIA received a special Airport Marketing Award in recognition of consistent marketing activities during SARS period at the 9th World Route Development Forum, in Edinburgh, Scotland.
7. KLIA was the third best airport in the world in the Asia Pacific Readers' Poll 2003 organised by Business Traveller Asia Pacific magazine.
8. KLIA was selected second runner-up in the "Favourite Airport" Category for the 3rd annual TIME Readers' Travel Choice Awards survey.