1. KLIA was the 2nd best airport in worldwide survey by Skytrax Research, a British based air travel industry research company.
2. KLIA was one of the recipients of the National Special Landcape Awards 2001 presented by the Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Dr Mahathir Mohamad.
3. KLIA was the 3rd best airport in the World in the Business Traveller Awards 2001, conducted by Business Traveller Asia Pacific magazine.
4. KLIA is among the top ten best performing airports in the Asia Pacific Region in 2001, based on the review by Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (AAPA).
5. KLIA emerged as the fourth position after Dubai, Hong Kong and Changi, in the top best airport category, based on the survey by Conde Nast Magazine. KLIA was also chosen as the cleanest as well as the best architecture airport.