Malaysia Airports (Niaga) Sdn Bhd
This Privacy Notice sets out how Malaysia Airports (Niaga) Sdn Bhd and its subsidiary Eraman (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (collectively, "Eraman", "we" or "us"), will handle personal information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA") and the laws of Malaysia.
1. What This Privacy Notice Explains
- What kind of personal information we collect
- How we collect your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- When we disclose your personal information
- Access to and correction of your personal information
- Online dealings with Eraman
2. Our Commitment To You
We value the trust of our customers and are committed to protecting your personal information and ensuring that your personal information is used only for the purposes stated herein.
3. Defining Personal Information
Personal information refers to any information, which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, personal information encompasses sensitive personal information, which relates to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs, etc.
4. What Kind Of Personal Information We Collect
In order for us to operate in an efficient and effective manner and provide you with the best service and products, whether in our stores or online, we may collect personal information from you which may include but is not limited to information such as your name, gender, date of birth, phone number, address(es), shipping address(es), email address(es), and other relevant contact information, website registration information, ERAMAN privilege card application information, profession, preferences concerning types of products and/or services, frequency of use of certain types of products and/or services, transactional information such as account and/or credit card details, passport details, details of your overseas travel including destination & flight number and demographic information such as income level and marital status.
5. How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We may collect personal information from you when you: -
- commence a business relationship with us (for example, as a customer or service provider)
- apply for our ERAMAN Privilege Card
- visit our stores
- visit our website
- register on our website
- purchase any of our products online
- purchase any of our products at our stores
- fill in forms or coupons (either online or in hard copy)
- purchase and/or obtain vouchers
- redeem products
- subscribe to one of our publications and/or promotional materials (for example, newsletters and brochures)
- make an enquiry with us (either in person with one of our staff, over the phone, via email or through our websites)
- lodge a complaint with us
Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as laid out above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with or connected with you, for example with customs authorities, airlines, and from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted. We also use Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) to record footage at our premises.
6. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may collect personal information from you or from the category of third parties identified above which is to be utilised for one or more of the following purposes:-
- to register you
- to properly identify you
- to provide the services and customer support you request
- to provide you with ERAMAN card holder privileges
- to customize, measure and improve our services
- to process enquiries, complaints and orders received
- to send out orders
- to collect fees
- to inform you of targeted marketing, updates on products and services and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- to provide you with information about products that may be of interest to you
- to send you greeting cards, such as birthday cards, mother's and father's day cards
- to send you vouchers
CCTV footage, in particular, may also be used for the following purposes:
- for quality assurance purposes
- detecting and deterring suspicious, inappropriate or unauthorised use of our facilities
- detecting and deterring criminal behavior
- conducting incident investigations
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our products and services and the management and/or operation of the same, we will be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors , service providers and/or professional advisers
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested
- our business associates and other parties for purposes that are directly related to the purpose of collecting your personal information
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to us.
8. Direct Marketing
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party services and/or products, which may be of interest or benefit you, except where otherwise requested by you.
In certain instances, we may disclose your relevant personal information to our preferred merchants and strategic partners where your prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to us.
We take reasonable steps to make sure that our agreements with service providers include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at the address detailed at the end of this Privacy Notice. We will abide by your latest written instructions to us.
9. What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete?
Where indicated (for example in application/registration forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our services and/or products. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services or products.
10. Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Information
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us via our Data Access Request Form or Data Correction Request Form respectively. These forms are available at our offices as well as at [ ].
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your duly completed Data Access Request Form/Data Correction Request Form and the relevant processing fee (if any).
Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
11. Online Dealings With Eraman
We collect information about your use of our website from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of the website as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website.
Links To Third Party Websites
Please be informed that this Privacy Notice applies solely to our website and does not apply to any third party websites you may access from our website. To determine how these third party websites (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) deal with your Personal Information, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies.
12. Updates To Our Privacy Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check our website on an ongoing basis for information on our most up-to-date practices.
13. Our Contact Details
Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, kindly contact us during office hours (between 8.30am to 5.30pm - Monday to Friday) at the following contact points:
Designation: [Manager Care]
Telephone: [ 03-87777648]
Fax No. : [03-87777210]
Address: [Malaysia Airports Holding Berhad
Malaysia Airports Corporate Office,
Persiaran Korporat KLIA,
64000 Sepang Selangor.]
A current version of this Privacy Notice is available on our website at: [www.malaysiaairports.com.my]