Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad (“the Company”) is committed to the highest standards of moral and ethical behaviour by its employees, management team, and other stakeholders of the organization. The Company view cases of fraud seriously and maintains a zero tolerance attitude towards fraud.
The purpose of this policy is to prohibit dishonest and/or fraudulent activity and to establish procedures for reporting fraudulent activities to the management.
This policy applies to any fraud, or suspected fraud, involving employees as well as consultants, vendors, contractors, external agencies doing business with the Company’s employees, and/or any other parties with a business relationship with the Company.
Definition of Fraud
Fraud is defined as any intentional act or omission designed to deceive others resulting in the victim suffering a loss and/or the perpetrator achieving a gain.
Actions constituting fraud include, but are not limited to:
- Any dishonest or fraudulent act
- Forgery or alteration of any document belonging to the Company
- Misappropriation or misuse of the Company’s property, equipment, materials, information or records
- Impropriety in the handling or reporting of any transactions
- Profiteering as a result of insider knowledge of Company’s activities
- Disclosing confidential and proprietary information to outside parties for personal gain
- Accepting or seeking anything of material value from contractors, vendors or persons providing services/materials to the Company.
- Falsifying travel and entertainment expenses and/or utilizing the Company’s fund to pay for personal expenses
- Falsifying or submitting false medical certificate
- Any similar or related inappropriate conduct
Employees should immediately report any suspected or detected fraud that may have occurred or is occurring either to their supervisor or the Head of Human Resource Services Division. If the notice is to the supervisor, then the supervisor must immediately notify the Head of Human Resource Services Division.
The Company treats all information received confidentially. Information on the identity of the individual who reports fraudulent activities will not be released without prior consent of the individual. Investigation results will not be disclosed or discussed with anyone other than those who have a legitimate need to know.
All instances of frauds or suspicion of frauds reported under this policy will be thoroughly assessed by the Head of Human Resource Services Division and if deemed necessary, further investigation will be carried out. The Head of Human Resource Services Division will coordinate all investigations with affected areas, both internally and externally.
The investigation team will have:
- free and unlimited access to all Company’s records, staff and premises.
- the authority to examine and/or remove all or any portion of the contents or files and other storage facilities on the premises without prior knowledge or consent of any individual who is the custodian of any such item or facilities within the scope of the investigation.
The investigation results will be reported to the Managing Director of the Company and the Board Audit Committee.
The Head of Human Resource Services Division is responsible for the administration, revision, interpretation, and application of this policy.
Infringement of Policy
Any employee who is found to have infringed this policy will be subjected to disciplinary action, including termination of employment.
Each employee of the Company is required to execute the attached acknowledgment that they have read and will comply with the Company’s Fraud
THIS POLICY IS EFFECTIVE FROM 1 ST JUNE 2012